BoostSolutions General Installation Guide
1. System Requirements
1.1 SharePoint Versions
Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
1.2 Service Account Requirements
When you install any BoostSolutions product you must be a member of the local server’s Administrators group and a member of the Farm Administrators group.
2. GUI Installation Instructions
Before you start installing the product, please make sure these services are started: SharePoint 2010 Administration and SharePoint 2010 Timer.
To install the product, the current user must be met these requirements
The installation should be run on server which is running Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application services.
1. Download the product archive (*.zip) from BoostSolutions website, and extract the file. Open the created folder and run "Setup.exe".
2. The system check will verify that your machine meets all the requirements for installing the BoostSolutions product. After the system check is finished, click "Next".
3. In Web Application Deployment Targets, select the web applications you are going to install on. Then click Next.
4. Upon completion of the installation, details are displayed showing which web applications your BoostSolutions product has been deployed to.
Download the latest version of our product, and run the installer.
In the Upgrade or Remove window, select Upgrade button and click Next.
If you want to uninstall the product, double-click the Setup.exe file.
In the Repair or Remove window, select Remove and click Next. Then the application will be removed.
By default, the application’s features are automatically activated once the product is installed.
Administrator can activate the features manually, you must be a Site Collection Administrator to activate application features.
1. On the Site Actions menu , click Site Settings.
2. Under Site Collection Administration group, click Site collection features.
3. Find the application feature and click Activate.
Enter Center Administration, click BoostSolutions Software on the Quick Launch. And then click License Management Center.
After payment, please send the Server, Site Collection or Farm License code to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can generate the appropriate license code for you.
Click Register in the license page and a Register or Update license window will open.
Upload the license file or enter the license code, then click "Register". You will get confirmation that your license has been validated.
Uninstalling BoostSolutions Products
To view the license status of a product, click the product name. Then the details will be shown as follows.